The San Diego Union-Tribune
- 21 photos for sale
- The top-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels defeated unranked Michigan 67-55in the inaugural Carrier Classic on the deck of the Carl Vinson on Friday, Nov. 11, 2011.
- Album ID: 1363169
Honor Flight takes World War II vets to D.C. memorial
- 7 photos for sale
- WWII veterans arrive at Lindbergh Field on Sunday after their Honor Flight to visit a WWII memorial in Washington.
- Album ID: 1344463
USS Reagan returns from duty
- 8 photos for sale
- The USS Ronald Reagan arrived at NAS North Island Friday morning and disembarked thousands of sailor and marines after a seven month tour. The Reagan, a Nimitz-class carrier and the ships within its carrier strike group were first on the scene after the devastating earthquake off the coast of Japan on March 11.
- Album ID: 1321346
U-T in Afghanistan 2011
- 122 photos for sale
- U-T reporter Gretel C. Kovach, who covers military affairs, and photographer Nelvin C. Cepeda are spending six weeks with Camp Pendleton-based Marines in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
- Album ID: 1186232
Parade of Flight
- 35 photos for sale
- A celebration of the Centennial of Naval Aviation.
- Album ID: 1170821
Bonhomme Richard at NAASCO
- 6 photos for sale
- The 840-foot amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) is guided into dry dock at General Dynamics-NASSCO on December 1, 2010 for extensive repairs and upgrades.
- Album ID: 1132352
Miramar Air Show at at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station
- 53 photos for sale
- Heart-stopping aviation aerobatics were display this weekend as civilian and military pilots take to the skies at the annual Miramar Air Show. The Navy’s Blue Angels headlined Saturday and Sunday’s daytime shows, flying their blue-and-gold F/A-18 Hornets at speeds of up to 1,200 mph in tight choreographed formations. Performing for the second year in a row is the nine-plane Canadian Snowbirds Demonstration Team.
- Album ID: 1089598
U-T in Afghanistan 2010
- 89 photos for sale
- U-T reporter Gretel C. Kovach and photographer Nelvin C. Cepeda on assignment in Afghanistan.
- Album ID: 1068912
- Photos by Nelvin C. Cepeda
Bow to stern: Building the Medgar Evers
- 7 photos for sale
- The Union Tribune is chronicling the construction of the USNS Medgar Evers, a dry cargo ship that NASSCO/General Dynamics is building in San Diego.
- Album ID: 1016510
Operation Frequent Wind 35th anniversary
- 10 photos for sale
- The 35th anniversary of Operation Frequent Wind and the ending of the Vietnam War was commemorated April 30, 2010, on the USS Midway in San Diego.
- Album ID: 992426